After care for hair extensions and maintenance.
Aftercare and maintenance for hair extensions will require proper and maintenance for them to always look terrific!
When kept in there best condition can last up to 6 months.
Your hair extensions will look there best when properly groomed.
Foremost, the best aftercare and maintenance for hair extensions advice is to braid your hair before shampooing and sleep.
Secondly, very important, when conditioning your hair, avoid the bond area. Not conditioning the bonded area of your hair extensions is essential to prevent slippage of the strands during there wear.
Third, the best tip, use the right hair extension brush. The proper hair extension brush is essential, so the hair will not tangle in the wrong brush. To brush your hair start at the ends, work your way up the shaft.
Please note, never go to sleep with wet hair, dry your hair before brushing, and remove any knots.
How should I care for my hair extensions?
To care information on hair extensions check out our home maintenance page or simply contact us with your questions. An important tip is to braid your hair before bed or shampooing. This will help keep the hair from tangling. Remy Indian double drawn human hair extensions done with our special keratin cold fusion installation system.
What is aftercare and maintenance for hair extensions?
Aftercare for hair extensions with the strand by strand hair extensions methods is simple.
They are just like wearing your own hair, but they do require minimal extra care.
Once you know what to do it will be natural to you.
· Wait 24 hours after installation before shampooing your new hair extensions. The hair extension system requires a 24 hour curing period to guarantee the best results for adhesion and durability.
· Most high end brands of shampoo have a negative charged product base, however, this can cause commercial hair to dry out causing a dry brittle feel. Use a shampoo with a positive charged PH for all commercial hair.
· Although our systems are designed for durability, cleansing with the wrong shampoo may cause softening of the bonds, or if shampoo contains oils this may cause the extension system to slip out of it’s attachment.
· Natural body oils can also create a “sticky” situation on keratin fusion bonds only. Therefore, it is essential to cleanse gently yet thoroughly, throughout the scalp. Most hair we have worked with responds best to frequent cleansing. This insures secure bonding, keeps the hair soft, and helps prevent “bunching” and tangling.
· Braid your hair prior to washing. Start washing at the scalp. Make sure you get the roots thoroughly clean, then work the shampoo down through the braided ends. You will need to rinse for a longer period of time. Pay special attention to the root area and rinse until your scalp and hair are squeaky clean.
· Bizzarre Hair Extensions CA recommends negative ionic charged products best suited for commercial hair. This would be baby shampoos, or products recommended for blonde, or damaged hair. It is important to avoid silicon or oil based products, especially on, or near the bonds, as those products can cause the hair to become very slippery, and may cause you to loose some strands.
· Conditioners should never be applied to the scalp. Conditioners will soften the bonds causing a sticky feeling on the fusion bond, or may cause shedding on either bonding method. Never forget this!
· Begin the application of the conditioners 4 – 5 inches away from the attachments, then work down through the braided ends of your hair.
· Always use a “rinse-out” conditioner or moisturizer after shampooing as long as you apply treatments to the ends only.
· Sometimes, “leave-in” conditioners are also necessary, and should be applied in the same manner. (Some products can soften the bonds and cause the extensions to slip and shed so rinse well at the point of attachment. Also the oils in products will gradually permeate and soften the keratin fusion. The same precautions apply when using “spray-on” conditioners. Check with your extension artist before applying any product to your hair that are not on your list of recommended products).
· Hair Colour Services should be done no less then 48 hours before your hair extension service. Blondes should wait one week after colouring before the hair extension service.
After care for hair extensions requires the proper styling tools which is important in keeping your hair extensions healthy.
Consult your hair extensions artist for the best combs and brushes for grooming your hair extensions.
In most cases it is not advisable to use round brushes on long hair , as a result, they can cause severe tangling in long hair. A barge paddle brush or wide toothed brush is best for the job.
Many normal hair styling techniques can be used on commercial hair.
Blow drying, and hot curling will not damage your extensions, as long as you are using the recommended style guard prior to any hot tool use.
Hair can be styled much as you would your own hair. When using a blow dryer use on medium heat being careful not to place the nozzle of the dryer directly on the bonds.
Do not place a curling iron, or any other hot styling tool directly on the bonds when the bonds are keratin fusion bonding for this reason, these bonds are an adhesive and will melt in heat.
Never style or braid the hair when wet, as bonds should never stay wet for a long period of time because it will cause the bonds will get very soft and sticky.
After care for brushing the hair extensions by holding the midshaft of the hair, and begin brushing starting at the ends first, then working your way up the strand.
If you have tangling we recommend our protective guard spray prior to any use of hot tools, but the hot tool method for removing the tangles is the easiest.
This will alleviate any discomfort and undue stress on your hair and scalp. You should brush up to the point of attachment.
Separating the hair extensions by pull two strands apart at a time.
Use your fingers to feel between each extension for any signs of matting. Do this on a daily basis.
Your natural hair will grow out as normal, and by separating the strands you will decrease the risk of damage during the removal process.
Removing knots after care for hair extensions.
Always use protective guard spray when using hot tools
Running a hot iron over the knotted area of your hair before you brush your hair, will help remove the knots. However, this process requires repeating theses steps over and over again.
Spray hair with protective guard, run a hot iron* (hot tools should be in good working order) over the knotted area repeating several times. Henceforth, smoothing the ends allowing the knots to slip out easily.
Then start brushing starting at the ends and working your way up the shaft. This may take repeating several times but should make removing the knots much easier. Do not do this with inadequate equipment. This advice is only to be use with high grade equipment meant for Ionic flat irons. For the reason being, Ionic technology traps moisture into hair to make it shinier and silkier.
Aftercare and maintenance sleeping instructions.
More after care tips is to always braid your hair before sleeping, or exercising, henceforth, minimize tangling, and reduce stress on the hair. A satin pillowcase is helpful to minimize matting.
This is critical in maintaining your hair extensions durability, it’s most important to never go to bed with wet hair.
This is especially critical if your extensions are done with commercial Asian or Indonesian hair. These types of hair may be highly processed. They may tangle too such a serious degree that complete removal of the extensions may be necessary. Severely tangled hair is a very lengthy process to comb out. Hair European hair can also be susceptible to this type of tangling, so don’t risk it.
Aftercare and Maintenance appointment
Regular maintenance of your new hair extensions is essential to keep your hair extensions as free-flowing as possible.
Also, maintenance is the number one combat against breakage of your natural hair while wearing hair extensions.
Many people omit this step, but when wearing hair extensions, the best install is going to be on natural hair with even density. By not having correct aftercare and maintenance, you increase the matting, dreading, and knotting to the point where damage occurs during wear and upon removal.
With aftercare and maintenance, we remove the ever so small hooks for the bulbs of the hairs we lose every day, which do not fall out when attached within the bonds. Maintenance helps remove the tangles and allows your hair extensions to move freely again.
Aftercare and maintenance alerts.
Commercial hair needs conditioning often as it does not receive the natural oils that your hair does, and requires conditioning with the right products daily.
Often lighter hair has been pre-bleached or permed for it’s desired style. As a result, it will require treatment for your hair extensions.
We can only guarantee softness and tangle-free hair extensions when you are using the products we recommend. With so many product types and brands, we can’t test them all. Therefore we can only guarantee products that have been purchased at or supported by Bizzarre Hair Extensions CA.
Quality of water could noticeably affect the condition and appearance of your natural and extension hair by creating dreading and or matting.
Soft water is preferable for washing all hair, natural or commercial hair.
Washing with hard water (containing lots of chemicals and minerals, especially iron and Sulphur) may result in breakage, tangling and discoloration.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, consult your extension artist to determine if you have a water-related problem. You may find it necessary to treat the water supply that you are currently using to wash your hair.
Exposure to saltwater may not affect the attachments, but it is very harsh on commercial hair. Wash and rinse immediately after submerging your hair in saltwater.
Avoid exposure to these types of water whenever possible. Don’t stop having fun, pile your hair on top of your head. You’ll look marvelous!
Dry climates will cause static, however style guard products will help control this problem..
Volcanic ash will cause severe drying, and tangling, so take lots of conditioners on your Tiki Tiki adventure holidays.
Salt water and chlorine water must be rinsed from the hair extensions immediately, as chemicals as these can fiercely dry out the hair. It’s also advisable to rinse this out of your own hair immediately,
Recommended products for aftercare and maintenance
*Shampoo’s with a PH 7
*Shampoo’s and conditioners for blond or damaged hair
Bizzarre Hair Extensions CA uses the highest quality of hair conditioners available a permanent hair coat RP – hair coat, CW7882 Dash SEV has somewhat the function of CW7885 – RST. Miracle lasting hair coat conditioners with microemulsion technology.
Conclusion for aftercare and maintenance
In conclusion, don’t stress about maintenance, or whether you’re taking care of them well enough. If you have questions, you can call me, text me, or DM me, and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Contact me with any questions I’ll be happy to address any of your concerns.
Bizzarre Hair Extensions CA does not take responsibility for miss-use, or reckless care of hair extensions services. Please if you have any questions ask at
Bizzarre hair extensions CA does not take responsibility or fault for any disagreement, or malfunction you may have with our ‘aftercare and maintenance for hair extensions.’ instructions. Use of hot tools or any other equipment, or product you use on your hair is at your own risk.